What do you mean by donor egg?
Donor egg is required when the infertile couple is diagnosed with:
- Premature ovarian failure.
- Surgical menopause (Bilateral oophorectomy).
- Post cancer chemotherapy.
- Ovarian agenesis.
- Poor quality egg.
- Inherited genetic disease.
- Inadequate egg production.
- Finding a suitable egg donor:
- Young age preferably less than 30 yrs.
- Having at least one healthy child.
- Donor are investigated for viral markers, thalassemia profile & hereditary disorder in family.
- Donor is treated with hormonal injection to produce superovulation. Once donor eggs are ready, they are retrieved and fertilized with sperm of recipient husband.
- Meanwhile, recipient women is treated with hormones to prepare her for accepting the embryo.
- Embryo formed from donor egg and husband sperm are transferred to recipient uterus.
Success rate with donor egg depends on:
- Age of donor.
- Quality of egg.
- Endometrial preparations.
- Embryo transfer technique.
Donor egg offers a greater benefit to older couple by decreasing risk of miscarriage, reducing risk of chromosomal abnormalities.
Donor egg is a boon for female who are unable to conceive with their own eggs.
Great success rate in term of pregnancy.