- Age: An age & fertility in females decreases as number and quality of egg in ovary decreases.
- Weight gain: Hormonal imbalance
- Previous USG: Scar tissue.
- Male: Testicular infection, cancer surgery, erectile dysfunction.
- History of D&C, pelvic infection.
- Medical problem: uncontrolled diabetes & hypertension.
- Tubal factor: History of infection, history of D&C, tubal blockage, post LSCS.
When to visit fertility expert?
After trying to conceive for 6 months if you are older than 35 years or nearly one year if you are younger. It is recommended to visit fertility expert.
Couple need to be evaluated:
- Physical examination of both partners
- Female: Evidence of ovulation, uterus imaging, check fallopian tube patency & hormonal assay.
- Male: Semen Analysis, hormonal assay.
- Ovulation induction with oral ovulogenes or injectable gonadotropin.
- Surgery if confirmation for fibroid, adhesion, blockage of tubes. Adv: Laparoscopy
- Medical treatment if sexual disorder.
- Surgery in confirmation of varicocele or ejaculatory dysfunction
- IUI: Intra Uterine Insemination.
- IVF: In- Vitro Fertilization.
- ICSI: Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection..
- Donor egg, donor sperm..
- Laser Assisted Hatching.
- Sperm retrieval technique.
- Pre-implantation genetic testing’.
Fertility treatments help couple to achieve a healthy and happy family. So visit fertility expert for medical support.