If a diagnostic laparoscopy finds problems, the reproductive surgeon will repair, remove, or otherwise treat the issue in right away.
Laparoscopic surgery may be used to surgically treat some causes of female infertility. Your doctor may recommend surgery if:
• Hydrosalpinx is suspected. This is a specific kind of blocked fallopian tube. Removing the affected tube can improve IVF success rates.
• Endometrial deposits are suspected of reducing your fertility.
• Surgery may be able to unblock or repair a fallopian tube.
• An ovarian cyst is suspected of causing pain or blocking the fallopian tubes.
• A fibroid is causing pain, distorting the uterine cavity, or blocking your fallopian tubes.
• You have PCOS and your doctor recommends ovarian drilling.
Laparoscopic surgery can treat some causes of infertility, allowing you a better chance at getting pregnant either naturally or with fertility treatments.