Microfluidic Sperm separation is a new alternative to standard sperm processing method which does not require any use of centrifuge that tends to increase oxidative stress in sperm.
The raw sperm sample is pipetted into a specially designed device where sperms actively migrate from one well to another well against the movement of the fluid.
Where can microfluidics be recommended
- After recurring IUI failures
- In case of low rate of egg fertilization with ICSI in the previous cycle
- For recurring miscarriages
- After multiple embryo transfers without subsequent embryo implantation
- In case of poor-quality embryos in previous IVF cycles