Why its better to transfer Frozen Embryos FET
Recurrent miscarriage IVF as treatment
Dos Donts after Embryo transfer
Blocked Tubes How IVF can help
Thin Endometrium its importance in Infertility
Myths Facts about IVF
IVF in PCOS
I have PCOD What are my treatment options
Male Infertility Semen Analysis & much more
IVF failure Reasons behind it
Additionally, a healthy lifestyle and diet are important. Some foods and nutrients are associated with greater fertility benefits than others.
Here are few ways to increase fertility:
• Exercise regularly: Besides being good for your general health, exercising regularly can boost hormonal levels and improve fertility.
• Get enough vitamin C: You’re probably familiar with vitamin C’s ability to boost the immune system. Some evidence indicates that taking antioxidant supplements, such as vitamin C, may improve fertility.
• Relax and minimize stress: Prolonged stress raises levels of cortisol, which has strong negative effects on reproductive hormones. When cortisol goes up, hormones level tend to go down. Stress management can be as simple as taking a walk in nature, meditating, exercising, or spending time with friends.
• Get enough vitamin D: Vitamin D can be important for male and female fertility.
• Get enough zinc: Zinc is an essential mineral found in high amounts in animal foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, and shellfish. Getting enough zinc is one of the cornerstones of male fertility.
Other tips:• Lead a healthy lifestyle: Unhealthy lifestyle practices impair your overall health, including fertility.
• Lose excess weight: Carrying extra weight is associated with infertility. If your doctor suspects that weight may be linked to your infertility, discuss weight loss as one of your health goals.
• Limit your alcohol intake: Avoid heavy alcohol consumption, as it may reduce quality & quantity of eggs & sperms.
• Get adequate sleep: Getting adequate sleep is vital to maintaining your health. Restricted or excessive sleep has also been linked to quality of eggs & sperms.
• Snack on walnuts Eating a lot of antioxidant-rich foods, such as walnuts, seems to benefit fertility.
• Consider supplements: Antioxidant supplements also seem to work. Some evidence suggests that coenzyme Q10 improves semen quality.
• Avoid eating too much soy: Soy is rich in isoflavones, which are associated with lower semen quality.