Why its better to transfer Frozen Embryos FET
Recurrent miscarriage IVF as treatment
Dos Donts after Embryo transfer
Blocked Tubes How IVF can help
Thin Endometrium its importance in Infertility
Myths Facts about IVF
IVF in PCOS
I have PCOD What are my treatment options
Male Infertility Semen Analysis & much more
IVF failure Reasons behind it
What do you mean by donor egg?
Donor egg is required when the infertile couple is diagnosed with:
• Premature ovarian failure.
• Surgical menopause (Bilateral oophorectomy).
• Post cancer chemotherapy.
• Ovarian agenesis.
• Poor quality egg.
• Inherited genetic disease.
• Inadequate egg production.
• Finding a suitable egg donor:
– Young age preferably less than 30 yrs.
– Having at least one healthy child.
– Donor are investigated for viral markers, thalassemia profile & hereditary disorder in family.
• Donor is treated with hormonal injection to produce superovulation. Once donor eggs are ready, they are retrieved and fertilized with sperm of recipient husband.
• Meanwhile, recipient women is treated with hormones to prepare her for accepting the embryo.
• Embryo formed from donor egg and husband sperm are transferred to recipient uterus.
Success rate with donor egg depends on:
• Age of donor.
• Quality of egg.
• Endometrial preparations.
• Embryo transfer technique.
Donor egg offers a greater benefit to older couple by decreasing risk of miscarriage, reducing risk of chromosomal abnormalities.
Donor egg is a boon for female who are unable to conceive with their own eggs.
Great success rate in term of pregnancy.